So remember last week how I was telling you guys about finding a job and how tough and stressful it can be? Well, today marks 6 months at that job! I know that’s not very long but in the past 6 months, a lot has changed! I am very grateful for what I have gotten to experiences the last few months
A few things I’ve learned in the past 6 months:
- Waking up at 6 am EVERY morning kind of sucks, which also means no more naps during the middle of the day.
- To not get frustrated when I am bored. It takes time and effort to gain a customers respect.
- Stay positive no matter what the circumstances! There were days that all I wanted to do was drive home and cuddle up in bed for the rest of the day. The first 6 months are hard; there are so many changes! I will be honest some days I just wanted to cry and some days I did cry!
- Admit your mistakes!
- Stay open minded.
- Adulting is not like college; you can’t climb the corporate ladder in 4 years like you can in college.
- You have to start somewhere.
One the greatest challenges I have had/have is learning to stay content. I am a pusher, I always want to learn and try new things I am always trying to advance myself. However, in a long-term job, there is plenty of time to learn and advance my career. Being great at my job does not happen overnight, it takes time and a lot of hard work. Some of our greatest mentors had to overcome a lot of hurdles and work hard to get where they are.
Whether you have had a job for a while now or searching for a job make sure you are happy with the job you have or choose. Make the most of every lesson you learn, and don’t forget to laugh a little.
“having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him” -James 1:12
Until next week
-next GENERATION farmer